CAMP EPIC 5
EPIC (Empowered, Prepared, Inspired, Connected) Camp is a professional development program sponsored by the Regional English Language Office (RELO) of the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta for final year university English department students who will be future teacher of English.In an engaging, interactive format with expert teachers and American professionals, selected participants will explore innovative teaching approaches and practice using effective English teaching tools.
Read Also: Apa itu CAMP EPIC?
During the two-week camp, participants will participate in seminars and experiential learning. The camp format also encourages reflection and interaction during informal activities such as games, songs, and outdoor activities. Not only during class but also during meals and breaks, participants will have the opportunity to communicate with native speakers, expert teachers, and each other – enriching their English language proficiency and awareness of teaching practices.
Qualified candidates should:
• Be a citizen of and reside in Indonesia or Timor Leste at the time of the camp;
• Be a final y
ear student currently enrolled in a university English Department;
• Be motivated and committed to becoming an English teacher;
• Have permission from parent(s)/guardian(s) to participate in the camp;
• Have recommendation from Head of English Department to participate in the camp;
• Be willing to share their learning in a discussion, roundtable, or presentation at their home institution upon the completion of the EPIC Camp. Instructions and guidelines will be provided by the Regional English Language Office, U.S. Embassy Jakarta;
• Participants from Timor Leste must have a passport that is valid through at least December 2019.
The camp is scheduled for June 17 – 29, 2019 in Denpasar, Bali.
All expenses including a round-trip ticket, ground transport, lodging, and meals will be covered.
Deadline: Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM Western Indonesia Time (WIB). Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. After that, the online form will not be accessible.
If you have any questions, please send to RELOJakarta@state.gov