Denpasar, Bali, Feb 22– 28, 2018
Regional English Language Office, U.S. Embassy Jakarta
Nominations Due: Friday, December 29, 2017 at 13.00 WIB.
What is SOAR Camp?
SOAR (Student-Centered, Open-Minded, Active, and Reflective) Camp is the camp that is sponsored by the RELO Office, US Embassy Jakarta for selected enthusiastic in-service teachers who have taught English for NOT less than 5 years and NOT more than 10 years in secondary schools in Indonesia.
In an engaging, interactive format with expert teachers and American professionals, selected participants will enrich their teaching skills by exploring innovative teaching approaches and practicing using effective English teaching tools.
During the one-week camp, participants will participate in seminars and experiential learning. The camp format also encourages reflection and interaction during informal activities such as games, songs, and other group activities. Not only during class but also during meals and breaks, participants will have the opportunity to communicate with native speakers, expert teachers, and each other – enriching their English language proficiency and awareness of teaching practices.
Who is eligible?
Qualified candidates should:
- Be a citizen of and reside in Indonesia at the time of the camp
- Be an English teacher currently teaching in middle school or high school level (SMP, SMU/SMK, Madrasah, Pesantren) in Indonesia
- Have taught English for NOT less than five (5) years and NOT more than ten (10) years
- Be motivated and committed to improving their teaching skills
- Have permission from the Principal to participate in the camp for one week from Feb 22 – 28, 2018.
- Be willing to share their learning in a discussion, roundtable, or presentation at their home institution upon the completion of the SOAR Camp. Instructions and guidelines will be provided by Regional English Language Office (RELO), U.S. Embassy Jakarta.
When will the program be held?
The camp is scheduled for February 22 – 28, 2018 in Denpasar, Bali
How to apply?
· Fill in the online application form in this link:http://bit.ly/SOARCAMP2
· Obtain a recommendation letter from your school principal. Get the form here:http://bit.ly/SOARCAMP2REFERENCE and attach it in the online application form.
· Nominations Due: Friday, December 29, 2017 at 13.00 WIB. The online form will not be available for submissions after the deadline.